With the entire planet being driven to catch them all once more, I decided to make a Pokéball.
Some light modelling work. I wanted to see how easy it would be to create some piano keys. I haven’t modeled the entire piano, just the keyboard. And I finally cranked up the settings to the absolute maximum for this render. Took about an hour to render on my new PC so I’m not too sad about that and the result sort of justifies the time.
Some new 3D modelling, and again it’s old-school technology. Took longer than anticipated, because for some reason, Cinema 4D refused to work properly when doing certain things on some parts of the surface that went without a hitch on other parts. I’ll have to look into that.
Some more basic modelling in order to achieve proper round shapes, as well as learning how to properly break up surfaces without using boolean calculations. For example, the arrow in the top left corner of the floppy disk. I would’ve used to just make an arrow, intersect the arrow with the disk and then cut out the intersection. This time around, I used the knife tool to actually create an arrow shaped polygon in order to extrude it into the shape itself. Makes life easier because boolean calculations tend to be very messy and require a lot of clean-up after you do them.
Some simple anaglyph 3D glasses, modele in Cinema 4D